Saturday, August 8, 2020

Put in on the calendar 🗓️

I started my weightless journey in June and have lost 11 pounds since then! You all are right: CICO is simple, but not easy. One of my friends has been trying to get me to do an MLM weight loss program. I made an agreement with myself that it I wouldn't give in to the expensive scheme until I gave CICO solid chance. It's working so far!

I am trying to lose the recommended one pound per week. As you all know, that feels absurdly slow, especially when the scale is showing water weight fluctuations. 🙄

🗓️ At the beginning, I counted out every five weeks and added an event to my calendar to help me visualize my goal. The title includes how much I plan to lose and which weight I'll be at. It gives me hope, especially while living in perpetual Groundhog's Day where I forget which day/month it is.

When I'm about to beat myself up for only having lost three pounds during this five week period, I can look at my calendar and see that I still have two weeks until my goal. When I think I'll never be the size I want, I can look at my calendar and see that I'll be almost there by Christmas! (Which also means that 2020 will eventually come to an end!) When I want to eat more ice cream than my budget allows because I'm grumpy, I remember that the ice cream is not worth missing my goal (and that I should probably just go to bed).

CICO and losing one pound a week might feel painstakingly slow, but it's predictable. It feels good to be able to plan something positive right now! 😀

submitted by /u/desertsnack
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gKtMVG

No comments:

Post a Comment