Friday, August 14, 2020

Revelation: I thought it would take months/years to get to my goal weight and feel healthier..

But feeling healthy can happen SO fast!

I know this may be a really dumb and obvious thing to point out, but I honestly thought my health and energy levels were correlated solely to my weight. I have had 3 pregnancies in last 5 years and rather than a gradual slip downwards, my energy levels and general moods had become palpably worse after my third baby. It got to a point where I would be sitting down most of the day while my partner did the more active parts of parenting.

I was so motivated to change and be a better parent, and feel like a young woman again, but was kind of bummed at how far I'd let myself go and how long it would take to get to even my pre pregnancy weight (I still needed to lose weight even before that). Especially as because we had completed our family and I didn't even feel in a position to really enjoy the life we had made together. My weight was really starting to hold me back in all aspects.

But lo and behold, rather than just CICO like I've done previously, I combined it with IF, walking and eating just a bit healthier, and I already feel like a new woman. I need about 2.5 hours less sleep a night so j can actually chill with my partner instead of collapsing to bed soon after the kids have gone. I can get up and do stuff so much easier and get so much more done!

I've lost around 30 - 35lbs so far, but have been feeling better since literally 2 weeks after I started my new routine in earnest.

I just wanted to post this because I feel like I have put off starting my weight loss journey literally hundreds of times because of the notion in my sub conscious that it wasn't really worth it because I thought that the "finish line" of a slinky sexy body again was just too far away. It felt out of reach.

So if you are looking for motivation to start your own journey, please don't hesitate for 10 years like I did! There are so many rewards for living a healthier lifestyle that come far before your goal weight does.

submitted by /u/BumblingDumpling
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Cqd8f0

No comments:

Post a Comment