Sunday, August 9, 2020

sugar - can you still get type 2 diabetes without being overweight? i would really appreciate some diet advice for weight loss since. tldr at bottom

i’m currently trying to lose weight (naturally small frame but a lot of body fat (my mum’s fancy scale says 38%) so my weight is higher end of ‘healthy’ but i look much bigger than that) and my biggest vice is sugar. i have an extremely strong family history of types 2 diabetes and before dieting my meal plan was this: • no breakfast • whatever was being served at college for lunch • two family bags of sweets for dinner, maybe some of my mums cooking if i liked it

i’m wondering if while still in a caloric deficit i’d be damaging my health a lot of the majority of my calories still came from sweets? sorry if it’s a stupid question, i just don’t think i can give them up. i’m never in the mood to eat normal foods despite being an okay cook and on days where i don’t eat sweets my diet looks something like this: • porridge w banana for breakfast • wrap/salad/instant soup for lunch • soup/dry brown pasta with mushroom/random veg (maybe with vegetarian sausage)/shirataki noodles for dinner

i never really feel like eating any regular foods, and the only regular foods i’m a big fan of are really unhealthy like mashed potato or potato waffles. i’m pescatarian due to hating the taste/smell of meat and also bc it’s better for the environment, but i rarely ever eat fish/seafood because i never really want it. smoked salmon or store bought mini sushi boxes are probably my only protein sources and i don’t like protein shakes, eggs, etc. i struggle with craving sugar really immensely every day and havent been able to lose weight over 1 and a half years of trying to diet because i keep binging on sweets. my longest clean streak without sugar is probably less than a week, my longest consecutive days of dieting without a binge was 13 days last year, 6 days this year.

tldr: don’t feel like eating normal food, am i still putting myself at risk of type 2 diabetes if i’m in a calorie deficit but eating mostly sweets and am currently at a ‘healthy’ weight?

submitted by /u/appleyporridge
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DsnJa5

No comments:

Post a Comment