Monday, August 17, 2020

Thinking about time as weight

Hi Lose It, long time lurker first time poster.

I’m on mobile so please forgive formatting errors.

I started this self improvement project back in March 2019. I was 221.8 lbs at 5’1 and my employer at the time was offering a cash bonus to any overweight employee who could lose 10% of their body weight by the end of the year.

In the past when I’d attempted weight loss, my general marker was usually 1lb/week and since I had 9 months left in the year, I thought losing 22lbs in 9 months was a very attainable goal.

When I reached that, I decided to keep going, to see how far I could get. And when I hit 171, knowing I’d cracked 50lbs, I felt so great! But, that was over two months ago and now I’m sitting right on the edge of 169 just. Frustrated.

I know weight loss isn’t linear. That stress (job change/Rona/other factors along those lines) contribute to the time it takes to lose and reach one’s goal. But it’s hard some days to shake off gaining a lb when in my head that means I won’t likely lose that lb until next week. That to reach my healthily BMI I need to do this process for several more months. Yet knowing that the time is going to pass regardless if I am keeping myself on track or not and seeing days that I’m not as diligent translate into more weeks added to my end goal.

I’m not giving up. Today is my recommitment and hopefully by Halloween I’ll see the next 10lb milestone towards a healthier and more compact me. Just wanted to see if anyone else translates the scale into estimated goal dates or if I’m alone in conceptualizing the process this way. Thank you.

submitted by /u/pinebeltpunch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3avFyRu

No comments:

Post a Comment