Monday, August 10, 2020

Tips for losing weight faster while staying healthy/happy? For a weight loss bet

I signed up for a HealthyWage bet last month, which is where you pay some money per month, and then if you make your goal you get back what you paid in, plus extra. Now, I'd previously lost 5lb over the past few months with a lifestyle change, and I was looking to lose about 25lb more, but when I signed up for the bet, I found that I would get a much bigger reward if I lost 29lb. No big deal, I figure it's still in the healthy range for my height, so I signed up, and because I didn't want it to drag on too long, I went with the minimum (6 months). So far, I've lost 12 lb, most of it being water weight, but as my loss slowed I checked a calculator to see what my calories would need to be to make the goal.

For the following:

age: 26

height: 5'1"

CW: 120lb

GW: 103lb between Dec. 25 - Jan 8

sedentary lifestyle

According to an online calculator, I'd need to eat ~1000 calories per day for the next . I've heard of 1200isplenty, but I'm pretty sure 1000 isn't plenty for anyone! I already paid money to the site, and I really don't want to lose it, but I'm worried that eating this little will leave me starving or trigger an eating disorder. I thought maybe I'd aim for 105ish and then water fast for a day or two to get down to 103 for the weigh out, but even this will be tough to reach. Is it better to exercise every day so I can eat more, or will this be too hard on my body? Will taking vitamins help me deal with this much of a deficit? Should I try IF or intermittent dieting (a la the MATADOR study) to maximize my weight loss efficiency?

Any and all tips appreciated, especially from people who have worked with a similar calorie goal!

submitted by /u/Potatorum1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31zjG3A

No comments:

Post a Comment