Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Weight loss - after diet is figured out, running vs cycling to burn a little bit more calories? Are both relatively similar in calorie burning or is one more efficient than the other?

I know diet is 95% of weight loss, and I have mine figured out. Calorie counting, weighing food, all that good stuff. I've picked up running and cycling over the past few months to bump up my overall health and to also assist a little bit in the calories out part of the formula. So I'm at a bit of a dilemma here. I usually have a bit of free time in the mornings where I like to be active and get my exercises in. I like both running and cycling, and I do both indoors to be specific (treadmill and indoor cycling trainer with bike). Yep, I like my pain cave a lot. Unfortunately, I have plans to move to a new apartment where there won't be room for both, and I've been meaning to downsize to just one equipment.

I can see myself sticking to either activity and doing just that activity (and improving), but I'm at a bit of a loss on which to pick. As far as I've read on this sort of topic, I believe the general consensus was that while both activities burn a relatively similar amount of calories, you can do cycling for a longer period of time which can help burn just a little bit more in the long run. I think I saw somebody saying running if I had less than an hour every day, and cycling if I had more than an hour. Is that true? What do you guys think? I honestly enjoy both, but with weight loss being the primary goal here, even if both don't offer much compared to diet, I just want to see which is... "more efficient" in the long run when it comes to choosing either activity. Based off of what I read, I'm slightly leaning towards cycling, but maybe I'm wrong in my assumptions.

TLDR: Running vs cycling for some extra calorie burning - which is more efficient? Is running better if you have limited time per day and cycling better if you have more time? Curious to hear your thoughts.

submitted by /u/Flat_Enthusiasm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39XnwYf

No comments:

Post a Comment