Tuesday, August 4, 2020

I might have finally turned a corner with this whole weight loss thing

I lost weight a couple of years ago by simply eating less. I put no actual effort in unless you count the effort of sitting on my ass when I wanted to go to the kitchen. It helped my overall mindset but if I'm honest I'm equally as ashamed of this body as I was of my previous one. I need to change still.

I've been stagnant with 25-30 pounds left to lose. I can't regularly eat any less without becoming a raging bitch of a human but I never really considered the whole "move more" thing. I've never thought of myself as active but I've come to realize that I need to if I'm going to succeed.

I'm trying not to get too gung-ho about this and be gentle to myself so I don't fall back into old habits. Today marked day number 7 that I've mindfully stretched both in the morning and evening. I hope to use that to ease into yoga and avoid injury.

What I'm really feeling good about is that I just completed my third day of walking in a row. I haven't done much, just a walk around the block, but it's still 3 more miles of walking this week. It feels silly, but I'm kind of stupidly proud of myself for this first step.

I have read so many of your thoughts about how good it feels to do these things and never really believed that I could have those feelings too. I had a perfect storm of motivators and what do you know, I'm capable. Thank you to everyone who has happily chatted about your accomplishments, you definitely helped me grow.

Now to just spend my last 6 months of my 30s making my 40s better.

Side note: Anyone here ever done a charity walk type of event? There's a virtual one to raise money for research for my disease this fall and I thought it could be a motivation for me but I have no idea what stuff like that is like. TIA if you have any tips or experiences to share.

submitted by /u/__queenofdenial__
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33w8KGv

No comments:

Post a Comment