Thursday, August 13, 2020

Weight loss/regain after illness?

This is mostly a curiosity question but I think it would help me to understand the answer.

So quick stats: 26F 5'2 SW: 178lbs CW: 138lbs GW: 110-120lbs

I've been at a plateau for the last couple weeks, at 138lbs, which I suppose is to be expected after steady loss over several months. This past Sunday I must've eaten something that didn't agree with me, because on Monday I was sick with vomiting/diarrhea and couldn't keep anything down besides water. Tuesday I pretty much just had some saltines and broth. When I weighed myself Wednesday morning, I was 136lbs. Wednesday I felt fine and ate my usual 1200 cal day.

Now, I didn't expect that 136 to be the same number on the scale today (Thursday), but I was kind of hoping some good would come of my suffering and that it might break my plateau and bounce back up to only 137 or so. Well, today the scale says 139lbs. I know that's not really a gain, but I'm a bit disappointed all the same.

Am I correct in assuming this is all just fluctuations in water weight due to being sick? And is it possible that the shock will still break my plateau but may take more time to show? TIA!

submitted by /u/allycat315
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XWRwhM

No comments:

Post a Comment