Saturday, August 22, 2020

What was the 'a-ha' moment that took you from unhealthy & unmotivated to fully committed?

For me, it was when a friend of mine said she would coach me and teach me about nutrition. All my life I'd felt so overwhelmed, so embarrassed to be interested in health while binging on sugar, like it was inauthentic, so I'd never tried. I gave up the responsibility to someone else, like I needed a genie in a magic lamp to help me.

This chick flaked and at first I was so hurt and annoyed and said to myself, "Well, now I can't lose weight!" And then it finally clicked:

If you rely on other people, you are not in control of whether or not you're let down.

If you rely on yourself, and you refuse to give up or compromise on the standard you hold yourself to, you will be unstoppable.

And if you spent 10% of the time and energy on daydreaming and transformed that into imperfect, clumsy action, you would be at your weight goal in no time.

That mindset shift started the cascade for me. It was like I was a rubber band under tension - once I made a decision and I simply refused to back down, weight loss wasn't actually difficult at all.

There was never a moment of counting calories, meal prepping, or saying no to pizza that was difficult, no workout that was worse, than the challenge of taking the first step.

And nobody else could have taken it for me.

submitted by /u/ajmillercoaching
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3l8wy9U

No comments:

Post a Comment