Monday, August 23, 2021

15 pounds and a job interview

I had a job interview today. I'm only down 15 lbs since I started trying 2 months ago, but it was enough to be able to fit comfortably into some nice pre-pandemic clothes from my closet - the higher end of the variety of sizes I have in there, but still. I didn't look like a stuffed sausage. I went into the interview feeling confident. I got the job.

This is the up-side of being short. Ive seen (and participated in) plenty of posts about how hard weight loss is for short women, so when I experienced a positive aspect I just wanted to share. 15 pounds made a huge difference for me today. I am so glad I made the decision to start 2 months ago. I'm starting to feel like me again. 5 more til my original 20 lb goal, and then we'll see. I'll probably want to keep going.

I am so grateful for this sub. To anyone reading this who is on the fence about taking the first step, do it. It's worth it. (I was hanging in the shadows for over a year before taking my first step.) Afraid of failing? Hm, you might. A lot of people do, and then try again. Try a different way. CICO works, but there are different ways to achieve a deficit. There are a lot of ideas here, a lot of help and support. Something will click eventually. Don't give up. I appreciate you all.

submitted by /u/resalin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DaWive

No comments:

Post a Comment