Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Always been fat, but a few years ago I went above 40 bmi. I changed that. [pics]

38M, 5'10".

In 2013 I had ideas of losing weight, and so I got a digital scale. At the time I weighed around 250 and kind of stuck around there until 2017, when I jumped up to 280 (for unknown reasons? just more of a lazy fatass I guess?)

At the height my scale recording 293 lbs, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were days it was higher and I just didn't weigh in.

Well, last year, my pops died unexpectedly, which was kind of a wakeup call for me - I don't want to die when I'm 57. So, to the doctor I went, she told me that I needed to lose weight, but otherwise no hypertension, no diabetes, good cholesterol numbers.

So, I lost weight. Huge calorie deficit, but I kept in touch with my doctor, made sure to get the required macros, and took a daily for micros.

Between August of last year and March of this year, I lost 103lbs. But then after that, everything kind of stalled - I hovered around 190lbs. I stopped counting calories, I went back to eating twice a day. I starting being more active though, biking, picked up rollerblading, steps galore, so maybe that has helped me maintain?

I still am a fatass, I have this big gut on me that needs to go. My goal is 160 lean, but I might start working on some muscles, so that number may change.

I started dieting again about a month ago, and am down to 181 as of today (new low score!). I recently got invisalign and it's preventing snacking, so that helps.

A lot of thanks goes to this subreddit. I've been lurking and it really has given me inspiration and I hope me sharing this can provide that same inspiration for you, if you're struggling with weight loss.

https://i.imgur.com/C8yfQcZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/wd9NyJx.png

submitted by /u/joem_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ULtaJK

No comments:

Post a Comment