Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Anyone has "scientifically psychological" books about weight loss?

Hello,

I've been fat since middle school, during puberty, I was getting too tall and too hungry, and ended up eating too much. Since then, I've been stuck in yo-yo dieting.

I know EVERYTHING that needs to be done, I've tried all tricks. To name a few:

  • calorie counting: tried myfitnesspal and other apps, journal, taking a pic of what I eat
  • intermittent fasting
  • meal prep
  • no sugar
  • no junk
  • more protein
  • more vegetables
  • more fat
  • portion control
  • keto: worst experience in my life
  • exercise in all shapes and forms: cycling, running, walking, weight lifting, badminton, yoga, stretching

and I've ALWAYS lost weight using all of these. What usually happens is I will stick to them for a couple of weeks or months, lose a bit of weight, then I'll stop dieting

before you say that I have to make a life change not only a diet, actually many of the above became habits. But if there is no calorie deficit, then there's no weight loss :(

this post is getting long. Basically, I know the science behind weight loss and I know that you need to stick to a diet that allows for a deficit. But even when I find a diet that I genuinely enjoy (like fasting), I end up with yo-yo dieting

and so, I want any resources, books, videos, comments talking about why? why do I do this? I know damn well better than anyone that I'm a hardworking, capable person. and yet I still can't control my weight or my appetite :(

submitted by /u/ranting-accrount
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3A1l5Q0

No comments:

Post a Comment