Saturday, August 21, 2021

Different body shape this time around?

I've lost weight twice before in my life. Often maintained a few years, eventually it slow crept back on.

First time I lost 60 pounds when I was 20 years old.

Second time I was 30-ish.

Now I'm in my 40's... and female. Except this time around my weight loss is going quite differently. I'm someone that likes to take measurements in addition to scale for motivation because I often continue to lose inches even if the scale isn't budging for a few weeks.

Anyway, I used to tend to lose my belly fat first, it would shrink. Overall would shrink a little but mostly my belly would shrink first and then my side rolls and then my butt would get smaller and my thighs leaner, eventually my face would slim down, etc.

I'm now 30 pounds down and my belly hasn't budged! My face is comparable to looking like it did in the past at much lighter weights than I'm currently at now.

I've lost several inches off my bust (which I don't mind at all, that makes it way easier to work out!) and that doesn't usually happen until way later.

I've completely lost my love handles. My sides look smooth! My face is looking youthful and more slim instead of round, my neck is longer/slimmer. My thighs are getting more trim. Yet still my belly is sticking out like I'm 6 months pregnant. My waist has only shrunk 1/2" whereas I've lost 6" from my hips and 4" from my bust. Because of my slimmer hips, I've actually lost my healthy hip-to-waist ratio!? I've always been hourglass shaped and now I look more straight up and down if you look at me head-on from the front. If I turn sideways I look like I could be getting a pregnancy belly cast made.

What's going on? Is this because I'm over 40? Or is this potentially a case of something weird like maybe I'm growing a tumor in there and that's why I'm heavy just in my belly even though I'm seeing so much progress (face, hips, neck, etc.) everywhere else?

I have a checkup with my doctor in about a month so I'm planning to ask him. Just wondered if anyone knew if this is typical for women my age or if there are signs I should be looking for/tests I should request to see if something else is going on.

submitted by /u/sprgtime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j7bYry

No comments:

Post a Comment