Friday, August 20, 2021

Does anyone else find they're more self conscious after weight loss?

In the last year I've gone from 165lb to around 135lb at 5ft8, taking me from around BMI 25 to around BMI 21.

My mum pointed out to me that recently I tend to cover up my body, and well, she's right. Now I'm slimmer I wear big baggy t shirts and feel self conscious in revealing clothes, when beforehand I felt attractive in skimpy clothes.

I almost feel bigger and more self conscious than I ever did when I was borderline overweight. I feel so much more aware of my body now, and I find myself checking my body in mirrors from different angles frequently. I only feel able to dress in tighter clothes, when I've not eaten much so I'm not bloated.

This was my goal weight, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm not thin enough, and that maybe I'll finally feel better after losing another 10lb.

Does anyone else feel like this? How do you improve your body image when weight loss hasn't really helped?

submitted by /u/depositionalpractice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2W2KMS5

No comments:

Post a Comment