Monday, August 23, 2021

feeling pretty discouraged and unmotivated

i see a lot of women taller than me and thinner than me say they want to lose weight and have goals a lot lower than mine (my goal is 130 at 5' as it gets me just into a healthy weight range at the highest end, i see women taller than me start at 130 and want to get to 105 or something)

it really is tearing me down, as i am roughly 175 and obese and have very little hope. years ago i had an argument with my step dad and he said i'd probably be lazy and keep getting fatter and fatter and i never really cared but honestly now i'm starting to believe it. i'm almost 24 and not at a healthy weight, so i've wasted my young adult years not building lifetime healthy habits and it seems to late to start now i'm finished growing mentally and physically and have been for the last 5 years or so.

i just struggle with seeing the point when people 40-50 pounds lighter than me want to lose weight and pretty considerable weight as well.

does anyone else ever feel like this? is it a mindset you were able to get yourself out of? and is it even worth it? i hear all the time how 95-99% of weight loss attempts fail, so it really seems unlikely i'll be the 1% to lose any kind of weight at all, though it's surely worth the try for better health?

submitted by /u/marigold_s
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3B46TGu

No comments:

Post a Comment