Monday, August 23, 2021

How to beat the cravings?

I'm just starting on my weight loss journey. Let's just say I have a long way to go...I'm over 400 pounds right now. I work as a line cook at a restaurant that shares our large kitchen space with a bakery that sells their products next door to our restaurant.

I know the main thing I need to do is control the number of calories I eat each day. And from 6am until about noon, I feel like I do a good job. I use a program called Cron-o-meter to keep track of my calories and nutrients so I don't miss out on nutrients while I try to cut back on calories.

The problem is that starting around 11am, the bakery people from next door begin cooking their products. And their baked goods are to die for, literally. It is the most horrendously unhealthy food I've ever seen in my life. It is a travesty. But the end results are like drugs to me.

The owner comes up with new ideas for baked good periodically, and his new thing are these buttercream filled doughnuts. He takes butter, whips it together with heavy cream and sugar to make a more enriched version of whipped cream. Then he adds artificial fruit flavors, like peach or strawberry to the enriched buttercream, then chills the mixture.

The doughnuts themselves are large, and he deep fries them in lard, then uses a frosting bag filler thing to inject the doughnuts with the buttercream mixture.

The combination of a fresh, lard-fried doughnut injected with cool buttercream is literally the bane of my existence. I spent some time weight and calculating the calories of the ingredients, and each one of these things is pushing 900 calories. It's insane, yet I can easily put away 4 or 5 of them at one go.

So I'll be doing fine from 6am until noon. Then the fucking doughnuts start getting made and I can't stop eating them. So I'll eat 4 or 5 or 6 of them, until I feel sick, and then I feel demoralized, because I've eaten enough calories for 2 days now.

I can't avoid the doughnuts; we work in the same kitchen space and I can't just leave. How can I stop myself from eating these damn things?

submitted by /u/ThrowRA_StayOrLeave
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/386SFrR

No comments:

Post a Comment