Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Fitness and weightloss channels on social media: They keep telling me 1200 calories is too low?

Hey everyone!

Hope your weightloss endeavours are going well!

I just thought I'd ask this community, as it's something cropping up that I've not come across before. Well, not until now, anyway.

A lot of the fitness pages that are beginning to crop up on my feeds (algorithms know I'm trying to lose weight, it's insane how much it's become common place on every social media platform I have now when I've barely searched for it on said platform) lament that 1200 calories is way too low/unhealthy for sustainable weightloss.

I've been on and off 1200 calories for a while, now. It's certainly the most effective(?) weight loss deficit I've found that works for me (F, 5'4"), and I genuinely had no idea it was supposed to be this unhealthily low amount? I've seen a few posts on here and on progress pics stating they followed this deficit for x amount of months to achieve their goals.

Whilst I agree it is not exactly the most sustainable (I do find after a few weeks I tend to lapse, not binge, but I do ease up and relax the strict nature of my diet), but I don't find it personally unhealthy? Sometimes I think I'm doing something wrong, as even with strict monitoring there'll be a week where I won't lose anything on this deficit - I do think hormones and menstrual cycles, water weights etc come into this, so I try to look at 2 week progress points than 1.

Am I just woefully ignorant? There's quite a few that seem to agree, and I'm a little worried now, as I don't think I'd lose much or consistently if gave this deficit some slack (even this week I've struggled to lose, and that's with exercise).

I'm more than happy to see the other side if this deficit is way too low. I don't want to be messing myself up without realising, but the weight loss so far attests to its effectiveness for me, personally.

submitted by /u/Taloolah1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37iA1Nk

No comments:

Post a Comment