Wednesday, August 4, 2021

I feel like the odd one out for saying this but I decided to not track calories and I’m wondering if anyone else here does not either.

Before I begin, I’m not at all suggesting that counting calories is wrong. I just noticed how nutrition and the weight losss journey itself is so incredibly individual because no ones body is ever 100% identical.

I feel a bit alone and misunderstood on this . back when I was 13, I had to lose weight due to being prediabetic and having high cholesterol. So I started working out with my dad and eating less. Back then I was not tracking calories at all. I was working out, including veggies and eating less.

I’m 23 now and on my final weight loss journey. I decided to start tracking calories but it never stuck out for me. In fact, it became rather detrimental to my mental health and seeing the amount of calories available to me made me feel powerless, weak, and more deprived and restricted in my options.

So I decided to stop counting calories. I will use the app ATE to track what I eat, but I won’t be counting the calories because it causes me more stress and makes me overthink. The only times I do count calories is if I’m going out to eat, but on those days I choose to maintain.

But how do I know if I’m under track? I don’t. I’ll be honest, but I can feel it more by listening to my body and seeing how it feels so much better. Some days it wants more food and other days it want less.

I will admit I started fasting for 16 hours. But this doesn’t stop one from completely going over calories for weight loss.

If anything, not counting calories gives me power in myself and this ability to trust myself, which is something huge I’m working on in therapy and outside of it.

I also stopped snacking. A healthy granola bar or hard boiled egg wasn’t doing me justice. In fact, the act of snacking was making me more moody and hungry. I also decided to go back to doing low carb. I can never do keto, but low carb gives me an ability to be flexible and still have a slice of pizza or brownie when I want to.

I do fasting because it helps me listen to my body and enables self-discipline within me; the ability to make a good choice. I also weigh myself daily and input it via happyscale. I know the scale alone doesn’t determine success, but it helps. I also have my Fitbit to encourage me and to keep me going.

I’m also not in any rush to lose weight quickly anymore. I’ll get to my goal weight when I get there. I will happily say, however, I’ve reached 237.4 lbs. I’m 37.4 pounds away from onederland!

submitted by /u/norweigan-wallflower
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3CfhDTU

No comments:

Post a Comment