Monday, August 2, 2021

How did you make your last 'Day One' different to the others or more meaningful?

It's Day One for me - I have had many, many 'day ones' and I'm trying hard not to walk into making healthier lifestyle choices without the baggage of feeling like I'm doomed to fail. I know I need to change something with my mindset and I'm looking for advice.

I've lost a good amount of weight a few times before so I'm trying to realise that I can do it but I have a nagging voice that also reminds me that I've gained back all of the weight time and time again.

I've recently gained 7lbs back over the pandemic from my 30lbs loss that took me a whole year and I'm feeling so miserable with it. I know it isn't catastrophic but it feels like a giant slippery slope and what's making me even more nervous about the whole thing is that my usually very healthy partner is joining me on the slope and is making this even harder (ordering takeaways, cooking unhealthy food, buying lots of sweets etc.) This is something we've talked about but not the point of the post - just an extra thing that's making weight loss this time round feel harder as I don't feel I have my usual support/inspiration of seeing his healthy choices.

I'm very much an 'all or nothing' weight loss person which is something I've been trying to change for a while so I can stop yo-yo-ing.

So:

What do you do on your 'day one's' that make them more effective?

Do you have any advice for overcoming self doubt/defeatist thinking?

Any tips on how to wean yourself away from saying yes to all the tempting junk food in the early days?

Any tips on making weight loss more sustainable and consistent?

submitted by /u/ConfusableArgus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3C1Bx4N

No comments:

Post a Comment