Monday, August 2, 2021

I am morbidly obese and i want help

Hi, im 16m, 5'4 and currently (or at least 3 weeks ago when i was at the doctor last) i am 274 pounds I've always been "chubby" when i was younger, when i was 13 and around when I turned 14 i was like 5'1 and ~175ish, in the summer of 2018 (Around August) I was probably 210 or so and my mom's ex bf started making sure I lost weight, i stopped drinking so much soda and had basically no snacks, and had to walk 15 minutes to get to my bus stop, there and back, I was down to the 175 I mentioned by the end of October, When he died suddenly. Then I had no one controlling it and because I didn't care as much, I went from that to 240 by May of 2019. I stayed there through the entirety of 2019 and the pandemic until around August 2020 when I gained another 20, and then last time I was weighed I was 274 like I said. My mom's pretty chubby, (she's like 4'8 and probably 140), my real dad is pretty short I think and he's also fatter than me too I think. So that's why I think I'd always be at least a little fat even if I do lose weight, and why if I could be back down to 180 or so I'd be happy, even though I know that's still obese for my height. (But I'm also pretty sure if I can manage to be that skinny again, I could manage a normal weight as well. This might just seem like me trying to find excuses too, but i also have adhd, very likely autism and clinical depression too, and I know stuff like that can be linked to not caring about yourself and people like me. I do try not to be gross though, i do shower every day and i take care of myself. I've always felt bad about my weight, but it never really hit me until I saw the 274, and even harder when my mom and her current bf and I were at the fair, 2 nights ago and by the end of it I could barely walk like 10 steps without feeling like I was gonna pass out. Even now, still my entire body hurts from it. The biggest problem is no one in my family knows how to cook at all, and we always have snacks and garbage food too. My mom has another baby with her new bf who's almost 2 now, and with him getting into everything its probably going to be impossible for anyone to cook real food. Ive told them I wanted us to learn how to cook stuff like real chicken and steak for example, none of that processed stuff, and to stop buying snacks and stuff. I also mentioned getting a bike again or something like that, cuz that would actually be a fun way. I also downloaded a weight loss exercise app as well. I tried to put off this until I was 18 or living with myself but I've realized if I do that I will not survive at all. That or it would just be harder. I'm sorry for rambling so much and I'm not really sure how on topic this is, but I just kinda want any more advice honestly.

submitted by /u/ResearcherGrouchy395
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3igpdpe

No comments:

Post a Comment