Monday, August 2, 2021

Thoughts on strength training while losing weight?

I started doing Juice and Toyas full body strength training (just bodyweight) 6 weeks ago and since then I went from losing between 1.4 and 2.4 lbs per week to .4 - 1 lb per week. On the one hand, I started because I wanted to be stronger and try to minimize muscle loss. I am starting to feel stronger but my brain is fighting me because seeing the scale not budge as much feels like failure. Yes, I know chasing numbers on a scale is not healthy. Yes I know that slower weight loss will be better for my skin, body, maintenance etc. I KNOW all those things and yet my brain is struggling to adjust to the change. I think part of the reason is I really wanted to hit the healthy bmi range and I'm wicked close - only 7 lbs! I cant help think how I would already be there if I had just stuck with cardio.

I guess I'm not looking for advice because I feel like I made a healthy choice, just wondering if anybody else struggled with the same thing

34F, SW:218, CW: 157, GW: 132

submitted by /u/CapK473
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zSGTNM

No comments:

Post a Comment