Tuesday, August 3, 2021

How to not feel bad about yourself when you’re not quite there?

Hello all! I’m stuck in a rut and I need some advice. I’ve been trying to get past ~185 lbs for a while now (f/33/5’8”) and it’s so much harder than it was when I tried a few years ago. I’m tracking everything 5/7 days a week (~1300 calories a day, keto but with a few extra vegetable carbs) and I’m not going crazy the other two days, but it seems to be enough to basically keep me where I’m at.

My biggest problem now is that I do not feel good at the weight I’m at. I’m healthy, I can run a mile+ and I love going on long walks. I eat tons of vegetables. My issues are entirely aesthetic.

It’s taking a toll on my relationship - I don’t feel attractive when I’m 15+ lbs overweight (even when I’ve been worse). I’ve ended up unhappy in relationships when I just can’t feel attractive, and I don’t want that to happen again. If I could get down to 170 I’d be happier…or I’d just find other flaws to pick apart.

I’m heading on vacation in a few weeks and I want to feel confident enough to use the SUP, to not think about how the elastic of my shorts cuts into my side while I’m sitting around enjoying family stories and playing games, to have happy pictures from the first family trip I’m taking my absolutely wonderful boyfriend on.

I know this is a process, but I want to make peace with where I’m at. I’ve been 250 lbs before - I know then I would’ve been overjoyed to be a size 8/10, but now I just feel huge and out of shape to the point where I’m almost too depressed and discouraged to succeed with weight loss.

I’ve pursued therapy and such, and I’m not looking for advice pointing me in that direction - I just want to feel ok with where I am and I’m wondering if any of you have small bits of advice for someone who wants to be happy around the halfway point.

submitted by /u/emkay_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ym6Rsw

No comments:

Post a Comment