Sunday, August 1, 2021

Lack of Support Rant

I started my weight loss journey in April and have lost a significant amount-- 41 pounds. Though it's not really important to this post, in the last week I've actually started trying to stop losing and begin body recomposition. I'm nearly 10 pounds below my original goal weight and am now just trying to change how I look-- more toned stomach, more muscle, etc.

Anyway, throughout this journey, I haven't really had the support that I expected I would.

My wife has consistently stated that I'm losing weight to find another wife. It started as a half-joke, but she's actually serious. She's self conscious because she's gained weight after having two kids. Obviously, I do everything I can to reassure her and have never once indicated that I would ever leave her. I love her. But I absolutely despise when she brings that up though, even if half joking. I've told her as such.

Tonight I also learned that my parents think I'm going through a mid-life crisis...At 34.

I've gotten compliments from some extended family and a bunch from colleagues at work ("I didn't recognize you", etc). But these don't really stick for some reason. It's my wife and apparently now my parents.

I don't get it. What the hell is wrong with trying to get into better shape simply because I want to? I know the answer to that is "absolutely nothing", but why can't anyone else see it that way?

I'm losing weight because I was tired of getting winded walking up stairs at work. Tired of clothes feeling tight. Scared of becoming morbidly obese. Tired of just being... Tired.

Now I'm body recomping because I've lost a bunch of weight but still have a belly bigger than I want. I still have anywhere from 22-25% body fat, using a calculator online and waist and neck measurements (not super accurate, but probably in the ballpark). I've worked incredibly hard over the past few months, sacrificed a lot of meals, early morning exercises, and have really pushed myself. If I'm not where I want to be after all that work, then I'm not just going to give up. I'm going to push through because I want to look and feel better and continuing is what it takes.

I want to improve my health and image because I want to. I don't have to justify it. Not to anyone.

Honestly, everyone else can back the fuck off or get on board.

/EndRant

submitted by /u/FiLikeAnEagle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3A4nTMr

No comments:

Post a Comment