Friday, August 20, 2021

Lost almost 50lbs and still wearing the same clothing size - starting to feel discouraged. Anyone else ever experience this?

I put on a crazy amount of weight during the pandemic, and finally decided to take charge and do something about the issue mid-March of this year. So far I am down 47lbs, so at least I am making progress. The problem is, despite losing almost 50lbs, I still have not gone down a single pants or shirt size! My pants and tops fit slightly looser than before, but when I tried on a few pair of old pants the other day in the next size down, they looked like they were painted onto my body they were so tight.

I know that I shouldn't be focused on something trivial like my clothing size and should just focus on the improvements I'm making to my health... but I can't help but feel discouraged and disappointed by the lack of change in my physical appearance. Nobody has noticed or commented on my weight loss either besides my husband, which is also a bit discouraging.

Have any of you also experienced this? I feel pretty alone, because all I seem to read about here are people dropping like 3-4 sizes with that amount of weight loss, and here I am still looking and feeling as fat as ever. Any tips for keeping your head in the game when you can't see any noticible improvement?

submitted by /u/itsdonny
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/381jLRa

No comments:

Post a Comment