Saturday, August 21, 2021

Weight loss and exercise on antidepressants?

So like many, this past year and a half really took a toll on my body. I already had been dealing with a pretty severe case of depression going on about 10 years now, but the pandemic made that so much worse and amped up a panic disorder that was laying dormant. Things were bad, my executive functioning skills were and still are pretty non existent (I have a particularly hard time forming and sticking to new habits).

I'm back on all of my medication and determined to lose the 60lbs I gained. HOWEVER, all of this medication makes me feel so darn sick. I've been trying to use the stationary bike every morning (it's pretty much the only form of exercise I can handle right now, my body is mush). I've managed for the past week, but this is my 5th day in a row with a headache and my second day feeling like I'm going to vomit. The nausea is my main issue since I've been doing well eating low carb, but the only foods that really help ease it are breads, crackers, rice, etc. Things I'm trying to stay away from for the most part.

Has anybody been successful losing weight while on a bunch of medication? Do you have any tips?

Note: I can't change medication as I'm legitimately terrified of gaining more weight and I'm on the only weight neutral antidepressants that have actually been weight neutral for me. In terms of the nausea, gravol is out because it makes me feel like I'm starving and leads to binging. Ginger gravol does nothing for me. I smoke weed on occassion, but I find that doesn't do much to ease my nausea and also obviously leads to binging.

submitted by /u/frogtowne
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3B1gFcA

No comments:

Post a Comment