Wednesday, February 12, 2020

CICO + weight training?

Hi all,

I'm a female, 188cm 104kg current goal weight 90 kg and stretch goal is 80kg. MFP suggested 2100 calories per day for weight loss, but that seemed really high to me.. At the moment I'm trying for 1800-1900 per day, and allow a cheat meal on weekends.

I've been trying CICO + IF (16/8) the last months, and on the weeks I keep it up, I already see results. Unfortunately, it got cancelled out by alot of bad eating during travel. Now I'm back on track & also will see a trainer soon.

I wanted to focus on weight training, to improve posture, also I have fibromyalgia due to hypermobility, so I think it will help that too. But now I'm reading that I can't improve strength at all when eating at a calorie deficit? I can't make sense of the information. I'm not so concerned about looking more toned or gaining more visible muscle, but I do really want to improve strength, posture, and overall feeling.

Is it really true that I would make zero progress as long as I am eating at a caloric deficit? Like all the weight lifting would be for nothing? Should I do this another way? (like, lose the weight first and then work on strengthening muscles after, or vice versa?)

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm pretty confused about it.

submitted by /u/tofuhustler
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SEi6sL

No comments:

Post a Comment