Saturday, February 15, 2020

Mental sugar traps are real!

On this journey we call weight loss, I have a rule: don’t eat sugary things early in the day. If I’m having a dessert at all, it should be after dinner. I know that if I have something sweet, all I want the rest of the day are candies and pastries.

Unfortunately, it’s Valentine’s Day season and that means sugar is all around us. Even though I might think I’m safe because I have my goals, information osmosis is real— the nonstop commercials and billboards infiltrated my mind.

Fast forward to this morning: the Dunkin in my Walmart caught my eye with its Valentines Day donuts. Next thing I knew, I consumed 310 calories in the form of its “Cupid’s Choice” pink donut and.....

It was the least worth it 310 calories I’ve ever had. I realized I could have had 5 strawberries with some cool whip for a 5th of the calories, and I would have been 5x more satisfied.

Remember, my friends: usually, that sugar trap is hardly worth it.

submitted by /u/Recovering2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2u6o6Cs

No comments:

Post a Comment