Sunday, April 12, 2020

Taking things "one pound at a time" has been a gamechanger!

Hi everyone! I started my weight loss journey just a little before COVID hit, and I'm one of those lucky people for whom quarantine has been a huge boon to weight loss. I'm able to weigh almost all of my foods, I have no social events to tempt me, and I'm cooking a lot of healthy meals. One other important decision I made though trumps all - taking everything one pound at a time.

In previous weight loss efforts, even when I was losing weight, it wasn't enough. I fixated on how far away I was from my goal, and would get extremely discouraged. Worse, if the scale tipped up even a little bit, I would call it quits or go out and binge, considering that day a "loss".

I'm weighing myself daily, so I've realized how normal the ups and downs of water weight are; but more importantly, I'm able to celebrate every single pound loss. I'm getting "wins" all the time, instead of waiting for a distant win that is 6 months away. I wanted to share in case other folks may be helped with this mindset shift! Today I'm officially down 20 lbs :)

submitted by /u/sokkerluvr17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XFZhd1

No comments:

Post a Comment