Thursday, July 30, 2020

Advice for my sister?

Both me (F25) and my sister (F32) have been obese most (if not all) of our lives, along with most women on our mothers side of the family. After over ten years of losing and gaining weight, eating disorders etc. my body stopped cooperating completely, so my doctor felt that weight loss surgery was the best option for me if I'd like to have children. While I started that process, my sister started her own weight loss journey roughly at the same time.

We've not always been able to play nice, but doing this together has been very motivating for the both of us. She has no problems getting motivated for physical activity, but struggles in regards to food and diet. Meanwhile, since I've had surgery the problem is the "opposite" for me. Having her motivating me to be more physically active has been great, and I've been motivating her to make nutritional and healthy meals for her entire family.

Recently she has, like many others, let her good habits slip. It's been a good mix of the situation with COVID-19, and now summer holiday. During the past few months she's gained everything back, and I can see it makes her absolutely miserable. I'd like to motivate her without making her feel bad about it. Shame generally doesn't motivate anyone, especially not my sister. After all this is something she likes to do and is passionate about. She's still physically active, but they buy great heaps of junk food and candy more or less every day. Does anyone have any tips? What would you have liked to hear to motivate you in a situation like that?

submitted by /u/CeeKittyDoe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D2EGaJ

No comments:

Post a Comment