Friday, July 31, 2020

Reassessing your goal?

23F, 5’10 SW: 165.5lbs, GW: 143lbs, CW: 147lbs

Hi! So, I’ve lost a fair bit of weight over the last few months, and I’m just a couple of lbs away from my goal weight now (I usually use KG which is why it seems like a weird number).

However, I don’t feel that a look quite as slim as I thought I would at this weight. I weigh slightly less than I did before starting university, but definitely don’t look like I did then. I know some of this is due to being older and body composition changing.

I’ve only used diet for my weight loss, but have joined the gym now they’re open (and am in fact very sore rn from my first class yesterday!!), so I’m hoping some muscle gain might help with my appearance, but I was wondering if people have shifted their goals before meeting them?

I want to be able to celebrate when I get down to 143, but I just don’t think I’ll be quite happy with my body. Does anyone have any recommendations about what my goal could be - 130lbs would put me at an underweight BMI so I don’t want to go too close to that. I’m also aware muscle weighs more than fat so the gym may help me look better without losing weight (but this will be a very slow process I think).

Thanks!

submitted by /u/MoneyShot295
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PfqNbL

No comments:

Post a Comment