Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Switching from losing to gaining intentionally is terrifying.

I’ve been maintaining my weight around 170lbs for the past few months and now want to make a conscious decisions to build muscle but the prospect of literally putting weight on is terrifying to me. I feel like I’m one bad stretch away from starting to balloon up to my old weight.

I know that won’t happen overnight, but I’ve lost a significant amount of weight in my life a couple times before and regained it.

A couple days ago, I realized I went to the gym for the first time in my life without weight loss being a primary motivation for being there.

I know muscle weight doesn’t grow rapidly, but I will be putting on water and probably even some fat during the process of eating in a surplus. My plan isn’t to go eat like crazy, but to eat slightly above maintenance (targeting about 2700-3000 calories a day).

For those that want to build muscle after significant weight loss, what strategies have you used to deal with the psychology of scale increases? What have you noticed differs compared to people who try to put on muscle who were never obese.

submitted by /u/venk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P3Uxbs

No comments:

Post a Comment