Thursday, July 30, 2020

Slow and steady wins the race. Be kind to yourself and you’ll be stronger for it.

Started at 260, now I’m down to 200! Overall I’ve lost 60lbs. But this has been over about 5 years. The first go round I lost the 60 but gained 30 back. The. I lost 15 and maintained that for a few years. Now I’m down the last 15lbs back to a total of 60lbs lost.

This latest go around I’m only losing about 2lbs ish a month. Which is fine. I’m looking at the long run, not immediate satisfaction. We all get hung up in this instant weight loss, all these fancy diets and hard core calorie restriction aren’t maintainable. You fall off the wagon and sometimes you don’t feel like getting back on. Log those ‘bad days’ keep yourself accountable, but make it something you can do in the long run to make sure you’ll stick with it.

I’ve done paleo, OMAD blah blah blah. What really works, at least for me, is CICO, BUT, I don’t restict myself to a specific number. 1300-1500. This way if I go over, it’s not really over. I’m still in a caloric deficit, but I can enjoy what I eat without feeling bad about it. This has led me to very few ‘bad days’. I eat things like pasta, ice cream, chicken and waffles. Delicious food without the feeling of guilt because I ‘ate something I shouldn’t have’ the more you hype yourself up, the more likely you are to stay on track. Even if you aren’t losing a ton of weight all at once, keep going. You’re not done until you say you’re done. One healthy choice at a time is all it takes. BUT this is also the only life you’ll ever have, so enjoy it while you’re here. Have your cake and eat it too.

submitted by /u/chakitabanana29
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XcfMw4

No comments:

Post a Comment