Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Obsessing Over Scale

I’m new to this sub but I originally started my dedicated weight loss journey in January. I was working out 4x a week, 12 lbs down and got to 172 (from 184) by spring break (early March) However after spring break the world shut down and the weight all came back as I lost motivation and came to terms with the fact that all my plans were washed away.

Now, I’m ready to make this change stick. I’ve been eating 1200 calories a day for a week (not working out) and dropped about 2 pounds, so I think. The scale I have is older and weighed me in at 182.2. The thing that has me paranoid about the accuracy is my sister. She’s also working to lose weight and started at 196 at the beginning of this year. Without making many changes, she says she’s 180 now, on a different scale. She claims the scale I have at home weighs on the heavy side so I’m fixated on this idea that my weight is wrong, if even by 2 pounds.

I’m happy for my sister for losing weight but a part of me is jealous that she seems to weigh less than me even though I’ve been deliberate and she hasn’t as much. How can I get over this anxiety?

Also do you have any tips on how to stay consistent and reach my goal this time? All my life I’ve never liked my body and wanted to be smaller even when I was very small. I never got the tight tummy I was looking for but am determined to make my body exactly how I want this time.

submitted by /u/throwaway376508
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/330wceV

No comments:

Post a Comment