Sunday, July 26, 2020

NSV: This is the first time I have ever NOT felt sick from fullness after eating my favorite meal

I've been maintaining for nearly 4 months now, and weirdly I've been struggling more with binging than I did before or during my weight loss - I've successfully kept at my maintenance weight but it's been more of a cycle of going off the rails one day or weekend, gaining a couple pounds, then restricting again and losing them over a couple weeks, then binging again, etc. Which is fine, technically, since I'm never > 3ish lbs over my lowest weight, but... it's annoying.

Anyway, that brings me to the NSV - I'm visiting my parents for a week, and last night they suggested getting takeout from my favorite restaurant. It's so insanely delicious, and I have it so infrequently now that I've moved away, that every time I have it I just gorge myself on chicken tikka masala until I feel absolutely physically awful from how full I am. Like, can barely move, stomach is in actual pain, why-did-i-do-this-to-myself. It's not fun, and it's not a healthy way to enjoy something, and it makes it pretty clear how dysfunctional my relationship with food is.

But last night, I didn't do that. I ate it, it tasted like heaven, I greatly enjoyed myself, and I did not eat an entire container plus a mountain of rice. I just had what I needed, stopped before I was full, and sent the leftovers home with my dad. I was able to savor and enjoy it just as much as I usually do, and I felt perfectly fine afterwords!! It makes me hopeful that I can continue to improve my relationship with food, and enjoy even my favorite things in moderation.

And right now, there are two cupcakes (purchased by my mother) sitting on the counter, I had one small bite of each to taste them, I'm not going to have any more, and I'm barely thinking about them :)

submitted by /u/just_moss
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CODibC

No comments:

Post a Comment