Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Managed to Pavlov myself into exercising!

I’ve been doing CICO since January, lost about 28 pounds, and recently decided to get a treadmill and start to incorporate walking/jogging into my weight loss goals. I tend to find any sort of exercise boring and it’s a challenge to motivate myself to do it.

What I decided to try was to pick a favorite show of mine with many episodes of decent length, so I settled on one of my favorites that’s been running for 15 seasons with 42ish minute episodes (Supernatural if anyone knows it or is curious). I told myself that every time I get on the treadmill I’ll watch one episode, and that I can’t watch it unless I’m exercising.

The crazy part is that this worked! It’s only been a week but I already find myself thinking “I really want to watch another episode....fine then I’ll get my sneakers on” and begrudgingly turning on the treadmill. Once I’m done, I’m glad I did it, but starting is the challenge for me and this seems to have done the trick!

It’s funny how you can train yourself to do things that you normally have a hard time motivating yourself for, and how quickly you can!

submitted by /u/novascotia3898
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hKaNdX

No comments:

Post a Comment