Wednesday, July 29, 2020

You never realise how far you've come until you look back

I wish I could of had the weight loss journey that everyone else seems to of had. My weight has fluctuated literally my entire life (since I was a toddler I think) and my health journey has been anything but linear. I first got serious about losing weight right before my 14th birthday, and while I lost weight I didn't keep it off. I yo-yo'd for YEARS and could never go under 190 lbs.

The first photo was taken 1/14/19 when I was 16 1/2 yrs old. At the time, I was experiencing intense anxiety and depression. All I'll say is it wasn't a time in my life where things were going great. I wasn't as heavy as when I was 13 (214 lbs at a doctors appointment, but I suspect my heaviest was higher) but I was at least 205-210 lbs. The other photo from this morning. I am now 18 and weighed in at 187.5 lbs. I didn't lose as much weight as fast as some other people, but it's the most consistent I've ever been with my weight loss.

I have always had MASSIVE respect for anyone who's had massive weight loss within the span of a few months and kept it off, but that has never been me. While doing this slowly has obviously created better results for me in the long run and now I'm confident I can keep the weight off for life, I gotta say it takes a lot more patience. I'm pretty sure I have body dysmorphia and it's frustrating to hear friends and family tell you how different you look when in your eyes nothing's changed. I have a phobia of taking photos, especially with my full body, but I'm glad I decided to take that photo at my heavier weight. I never truly realized how much I've lost until I saw these photos side-by-side. My biggest regret is not having photos at my true heaviest!!

In these photos, I lost "only" 20 or so pounds within the span of a year and a half. If you told me that a few years ago, I would of said "really??". Especially compared to all these beautiful amazing people on here losing 50+ lbs in a much shorter time (seriously you all are awe-inspiring). But in reality, these photos show a much bigger change than weight alone. It shows what took me years to learn - health is more than losing the most weight. Ironically, I'm at the lightest I've been in years.

Anyways, that's a lot of text sorry lol. Here's the photos: https://imgur.com/a/tg5wKf1

I don't really have a next goal weight. Maybe 10 more lbs? If I lose it I lose it, but I'm happy where I'm at :)

submitted by /u/im_kinda_bored
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/309zdI0

No comments:

Post a Comment