Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Trying to start the weight loss journey (again) and need some encouragement

I just did my first day of noom, and according to the app I should be eating 1200 pretty much exactly. I was kinda put off by how low it was, but sometimes I seem to forget that i'm a 5'2" (approx. 157 centimetres) 19 year old girl who currently weighs about 195 pounds. My goal weight should be somewhere between 100-130 pounds, so i'm in it for the long haul. 1200 is a huge change for me since I tend to have late night snacks/snack binges.

I've been on and off diets since mid 2019, and I haven't been able to keep it up for more than like two weeks. I know what they problem is, I'm dealing with depression due to living to an r/insaneparents type dad (overly religious and doesn't value my opinion and privacy literally at all, with a dash of conspiracy theories). Luckily I am moving out the summer of next year, but until then I want to improve my physical health if nothing else. At bare minimum, I don't want to break 200 pounds.

I tried out noom since it's advertised as helping with habit changing instead of re branding borderline crash diets (looking at you weight watchers). Has anyone else had success with noom? And aside from that, of course any advice and critique is welcome. The point of this post I guess is to help me make this try the successful and long-lasting one. I'm running out of time to lose 60-90 pounds before June 2021, and I just want to like looking at myself in the mirror again once my life is actually my own.

submitted by /u/soupoftheramen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39GCVf3

No comments:

Post a Comment