Friday, July 31, 2020

Increasing my daily calorie intake, will this help with weight loss?

Hey all, over the last few weeks I've noticed I've started becoming more and more hungry, at this point I've lost around 18kgs, although I have not weighed myself in nearly 2 months so that number may not be accurate. I am 22 years old, a male, 187cm and around 120kgs. I exercise late at night after I finish work (around 10-11pm).

When I started my weight loss journey, as with a lot of people they start off low with their calorie intake, and I was eating roughly 1200-1400 calories a day, however in the long run obviously this isn't sustainable and I knew I would have to make an increase to this eventually, so I'm now trying to increase my daily intake to somewhere around 1800-2000 calories.

I've used a TDEE calculator, and it says my maintenance calories would be roughly 3500 calories a day, now obviously I don't really want to be eating up around the 3000 calorie mark as I don't think this is necessary nor sustainable, however I just wanted some of your guys advice as to whether eating around 2000 calories a day will still help me lose weight. I will also add that my daily exercise consists of being at home during the day, going to an office job at night, and then going to the gym at night with a focus lifting weights and a light walk at the end of the session. My fitbit tells me that I burn around 3500 calories a day including my BMR and the exercise I do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/CastleOnTheHill123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33b5P5W

No comments:

Post a Comment