Thursday, July 30, 2020

Is CICO real? Is it ALL about calories?

This sub seems to treat CICO like a deity and I just don’t know if I should join the cult or nah.

Is 1200 cals of veggies really the same as 1200 cals of fries? Weight loss wise, I mean. I know it’s better to eat only healthy fats but if we follow the logic of CICO, is it true that as long as it’s 1200 cals the weight loss is the same?

Because I haven’t eaten anything yet (I hate eating) and I was wondering if it was okay to eat 1000 cals of McDonald’s for dinner (I love cheeseburgers). And to do it several times a months. I really really love cheeseburgers. So, would it be considered a cheat day since it’s fat or an okay day since I’m staying under 1200 cals?

Also I had another question... I’m having the hardest time believing this:

Maintain weight 1,790 cals/day

Mild weight loss 0.25 kg/week 1,540 cals/day

Weight loss 0.5 kg/week 1,290 cals/day

Extreme weight loss 1 kg/week 790 cals/day

Like uh? I feel like if I eat 1700 cals a day I’m just gonna gain weight, not maintain, this sounds way too much for a 5’7 woman. I’m « European » kinda tall, not « haute couture model » kinda tall. I used this https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html?ctype=metric&cage=20&csex=f&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=10&cpound=165&cheightmeter=170&ckg=69&cactivity=1.2&cmop=0&coutunit=c&cformula=m&cfatpct=20&printit=0&x=83&y=32 calculator. And I just don’t buy it. Is it saying the truth?

For reference I started my weight loss journey in May. I started at 600 or 700 cals a day and stayed like that until late June where I just gave up and said, whatever man, counting cals makes me too anxious. And it’s exhausting.

So until now I worked by weighing myself CONSTANTLY and setting goals, like « if I weigh more than 70.5 right now I’m not allowed to eat until it goes down ». Well guess what... I’ve been maintaining roughly 69kg as my « real weight » for a month now. So yeah, I’m thinking of trying healthy CICO I guess. Because 600 cals a day is more starving than CICO and I think I just lost water weight, and then regained and then lost real fat in the last two weeks. But isn’t 1000 cals a day better than 1290 if I want to lose weight? All these numbers sound too big, i don’t know.

submitted by /u/throwawayceudhdhd
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39GLlDc

No comments:

Post a Comment