Monday, July 27, 2020

“You don’t need to lose weight”

TW: Miscarriage

I know you have to lose weight for yourself and I am doing it for me. Along the way I’ve found it difficult to deal with my friends and my family who continue shooting down my goals because my weight isn’t as big of a problem as theirs and therefore I shouldn’t worry about it.

I started on my weight loss journey because I had a miscarriage but during my visits to the clinic while pregnant found out I am overweight (they did BMI but I did also go and have my BF% tested after MC to confirm overweight status) Being overweight can raise your chances of a MC and I would like to do everything possible to avoid going through that again. All of these people know this is my why.

I am not crash dieting, just trying to eat more fruit/vegetables, less unnecessary snacks at work, and paying attention to what I cook for supper. Nothing for them to have to be concerned about being unhealthy.

It’s not that I want to talk about this with everyone every time I see them, but if I don’t have that work snack, or don’t want extra dressing, they feel the need to comment on it. It hurts that this is so important to me but because I’m not overweight by their standards, and because some of them “have it worse”, that they feel like it is okay to shoot down my goals. They are all working towards their own weight loss/health goals and are happy to talk about them with me, but either ignore me if I do try and discuss it (I don’t anymore) or never positively discuss my goals.

Sorry, this isn’t much of a question and more of a rant.

submitted by /u/HakaunaMoscato
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2X08wDz

No comments:

Post a Comment