Friday, July 31, 2020

I'm finally losing belly fat!

To preface, I am female, 21 years old (yesterday was my birthday!) my starting weight was 85kg, current weight is 61kg and goal weight is 55kg. Edit: forgot to add my height: 163cm!

It took long enough, but as soon as I stopped stressing about maintaining a certain deficit, an exercise routine and got my anxiety and life in control, I am finally losing the belly fat. In other words, STOP STRESSING. Stress causes cortisol to release which makes it harder to lose belly fat. I know it's not that easy, but you can start with small actions like trying to meditate and eating only a little under your daily burned calories. With the latter it helps to have a fitbit or something similar, because some days I burn 1800kcals and sometimes close to 3000. And even with that I'm not super strict, some days I go a bit over the calories I burned and that's fine. I was one of those people who stressed about the scale and everything else, but as soon as I started to weigh only once a week or less, I got into a really good mental space about it. I have battled against my mind for so long, but once I started working with it and meditating, my anxiety has diminished greatly. It's a long road, I know, I was battling against mental illness for over 6 years before I got to a good place. It also took me 3 years to even consider losing the weight I gained from my first medication, and once I did, I was committed because it came from within. I haven't actually lost any cm on other parts of my body in a while, nor have I dropped massive amounts of weight since the belly fat started to reduce, but I just know that not being stressed out constantly is the reason that's the place all the fat is coming off from. And also because I am on the last stretch of my weight loss to be truthful. With exercise, listen. I love exercise, but also sometimes I just don't feel like doing exercise. And that's fine. On those days I let myself rest so I can have all the energy to do it on other days. And I've been eating pretty much intuitively, and towards the end of the day I count the calories. Surprise surprise, more often than not I am on a deficit. And if I'm not, a simple walk can help minimize the damage. I'm happy, I'm stress-free, and my belly fat is going away. I wish I had more advice on how to live life stress free, but its up to you to figure out what makes your life happy. I can't tell it to you, unfortunately. And also, my first year of vocational school is coming up, who knows what kind of stress that is going to bring. Life takes you where it takes you. Trust the process.

submitted by /u/fitnesstuff
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30XTvDe

No comments:

Post a Comment