Sunday, July 26, 2020

It's my birthday and it's a great one this year!

Hi losers of reddit, happy birthday to me. Been at this weight loss thing for 6 months now, had plenty to lose after 2 pregnancies/3 kids in 3 years. Had never been so heavy, tired, depressed, and it was making me really sad that I wasn't being the best possible mother (and example) to my kids.

Started at 1500cal/day and the weight fell off. Dropped every couple of months by 100cal each time. Breast milk production dropped off a bit but my littlest man is now 1yo and smashing heaps of solids so it's all good. Meal prep was a lifesaver - nothing better than something tasty and portion/calorie controlled waiting in the freezer for those CBF days.

Added in couch 25k initially, that buggered my knees for a while, but with time, physiotherapy and persistence I'm now running >30km per week and no pain. If anything I feel strong AF. My running watch now estimates my VO2max at 40 which is superior for my age, it also tells me that I'm the equivalent of a 20yo?! 🤣 Loving the watch, it can stay.

Added in strength training 2 weeks ago, and aside from the irritating weight loss plateau it produces, I'm loving it. I feel strong 💪

Clothes that I haven't worn since the first year of university (when I was at a healthy BMI purely because I had no money to spend on food or petrol, and I walked everywhere) are now fitting again. They're going to be loose by the time I get to my goal!

I still have a way to go, I know the last few kg are the slowest and I'm prepared for it to take a while. My GW is an estimate of where I might be when the majority of my tummy flab is gone - happy to settle out somewhere between 60-65kg (132-142lbs) depending on how I feel and look.

TL/DR - weight loss is the best gift you can give yourself and your family. You can do it with young kids, you can do it while breastfeeding and working. Power on, my loser friends!!

submitted by /u/LuciferJezebel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39CqFfS

No comments:

Post a Comment