Sunday, July 26, 2020

Has anyone else become more critical of their body now that they've begun their weight loss journey?

I'm down around 10 pounds now, and I'm incredibly proud of myself! I can definitely see the physical differences that have helped reinforce that the changes I've made are working. The other day, my great-aunt (who I hadn't seen since quarantine) saw me while I was dropping off some supplies at her retirement home, and she legitimately didn't recognize me. I chalked it up to me having a mask on, but other members of my family have since confirmed that I look noticeably different and much leaner.

All that being said, now that I have made some progress, I find myself more critical of the areas of my body that I'm not happy with. I suppose that in the past, I would be occasionally unhappy and insecure with how I looked, but never took any productive steps to make changes, so I would just stumble back into complacency. Nowadays, every time I look in the mirror, I can see that I *have* lost weight, but I'm fixated on the parts of my body I'm still unhappy with to a greater extent than ever before. I do have a long way to go before I reach my goal weight, but more and more often (and especially when wearing certain clothes), I seem to convince myself that I don't look any different at all. What's worse is that I'm wholly unsatisfied with what my body looks like (something I experienced much less frequently pre-weight loss)

I want to be careful to avoid developing body dysmorphia or to adopt unhealthy habits as a quick fix. I have witnessed ED in many of my friends first-hand and have actively tried to achieve weight loss in a healthy way throughout my journey thus far. Overall, I'm worried that these insecurities won't go away even once I do reach my goal weight, and by the way it's looking so far, I'm worried they'll just get worse.

Any advice or personal experience you guys could share would be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/Icy-Tumbleweed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jHbhmZ

No comments:

Post a Comment