Monday, August 17, 2020

100 lbs off my ALL TIME heaviest!

Hello fellow Losers!

I am happy to report today that I am 100 lbs off my all time heaviest. All time heaviest was in the low 340s, when the wife (then girlfriend) and I went to Las Vegas and while exploring the Fremont Street experience, came upon the Heart Attack Grill. For those who don't know what this place is, it's something you'd only find in Vegas. It's a burger joint, where they fry everything in bacon fat, including the fries, and do not serve diet beverages. The cooks and management dress up like doctors while the wait staff dress up like nurses. Oh, and people over 350 lbs eat for FREE. They have a big ol scale outside to see if you qualify. Now, I did not step on that scale, but I made a joke to my wife that "i just need to be weighed down with a few rocks and I'll make it". Spring 2015-Fall 2016 was my all time heaviest, I was not weighing myself, but I know it was over 340.

This morning, I stepped on the scale at 240.6. I have 239, which was a major milestone I set for myself to hit as of March 2021. I had built in some setbacks into my original weight loss goals, but to be honest, I've stuck to the high protein low carb 1700 average calorie/day diet (range 1200-2500). Even on my "allowance days" (I don't say cheat days because cheat implies old habits) I stick to 2500 calories/day, which is still far below my old habit average of what I estimated to be 4,500 calories/day which contributed to gaining and then maintaining in the low-mid 300s.

Everything I posted about before is still working! Sticking to the calories, 1000-1500 calorie/day deficit depending on activity levels and I've now entered the "Century Land", where I will hit several 100 lbs goals to follow:
<241 100 off all time heaviest

233 100 off my 2020 post holiday pre pandemic high

226 100 off my doctor's office recorded weight in September 2019

218 100 off my weight since tracking calories on March 25, 2020

Some NSV's:

I can rest my laptop on my lap and don't have a huge belly in the way. When I sleep on my side, my knees touch. This is weird, and takes some getting used to. I may need to find a better position to sleep in. I'm sleeping way better than before, a "bad night's sleep" at 330 is brutal, but at 240 or so, it doesn't feel nearly as bad, which likely means the quality of my sleep has improved. My total cholesterol declined from 205 to 148. My fasting blood sugar declined from 98 to 88. I am no longer a good candidate for weight loss surgery (direction I was going prior to this).

For those of you who are struggling, I was in your shoes before, and my story even now that I've been sticking to the diet is not without struggle, it is very very hard some days, but losing weight is extraordinarily difficult and takes patience, motivation and a positive attitude. Motivation is something that can't be taught, but it is something that is built over time, and once you find it, there is NO STOPPING YOU. Crush those goals! I'll post some before and after pictures once I reach 218 and get to the end of century land!

submitted by /u/MarlnBrandoLookaLike
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31Uu1Hy

No comments:

Post a Comment