Saturday, August 22, 2020

a shell of who I once was

5’2, 23F. 174 pounds

I am 50 pounds heavier than I was when I started college four years ago. I hate looking at myself in the mirror most days. I think I used to be this vibrant, fun, articulate, energetic person but these days I feel nothing like that. I just feel sad that I exist. I avoid seeing my friends, loved ones, leaving the house ever really because then I have to find something to wear and finding something to wear is never simple and none of my clothes (even the newest ones, bought to accommodate weight gain) don’t fit me properly anymore. I feel guilty because I feel like I should have been using this time since March, of working from and being at home, to lose weight. I didn’t do any of that. I was just glad to have an excuse (pandemic) to not have to see my friends and do fun things. I feel like my life is slipping me by.

I tend to be very all or nothing. I have started and stopped more weight loss journeys than I can count but I owe it to myself to be better and do better. This time will be different because this time I’m not doing it secretly, shamefully. I am telling all of you. I am going to keep my promise to myself and also to you guys.

Goals: 10k steps daily, measure/count everything I eat and plan meals in advance, stay in a calorie deficit (1310 calories a day), 16:8 fast

Wish me luck <3

submitted by /u/Cautious_Life_6363
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gltaVE

No comments:

Post a Comment