Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Adding Rest Days Made Me (F22) MORE Excited To Work Out!

I (F22) started my weight loss journey on May 1st of this year! I weighed in at 185 pounds, the weight I managed to maintain all through college. I am 5’ 4” and was very unhappy with my weight, though because it is all in my legs/butt/boobs people would always assume I was a healthy weight.

When I first started my dieting and exercising I was frustrated to see that I was not losing weight quickly so I continually upped my exercise. By the peak of my exercise I was running 3 days a week and 3 other days a week I was doing Pilates and lifting weights, on top of all of it I was going for nightly walks with my family and eating 1500 calories a day!

But after going through a breakup that destroyed me emotionally and made me lose my appetite I stopped working out, during this time my weight plunged 10 more pounds and brought me down to the weight I am currently which is 165 (which is the lowest weight I’ve ever been as an adult).

I have started to get back into the swing of things and have noticed that now that I only work out 4 days a week (Mon, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) I am able to do so much more! I can run for longer, lift heavier weights, and really push my body because I am not constantly fatigued and just waiting for it to stop. My rest days make me more excited to get back into working out the next day and want to do more things!

While exercise is important don’t forget to give your body a break to recover! You don’t always have to push, and if you find yourself feeling guilty remind yourself that you have worked so hard, your body needs to recover!

submitted by /u/traveling-duck
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33UxyZ6

No comments:

Post a Comment