Sunday, August 23, 2020

AMA Second Year Medical School (US) Nutrition Course

Hello! I want to open by saying thank you to the wonderful, supportive members of this forum. Although I haven’t posted here, I used the advice propagated by this forum as well as the daily motivation to lose 30 pounds 2 years ago. I was able to go from overweight to a normal BMI, and I am thankful every day for how much easier it is to be active.

I am offering to do an AMA because I am a second year medical student in the US, and I just finished my final exam in my Nutrition and Preventative Medicine course. This is the only course in the medical school curriculum that deals with nutrition. I’ve often seen people on this forum stating that nutrition is either not or under taught in medical school. I’ve also read many people’s accounts of visits with doctors who seem to know very little about weight loss and nutrition. And, more than anything, I thought people might be curious what is being taught to physicians about weight loss.

For background, the course was 30 50-minute lectures long. Topics included weight loss, nutritional supplements, fad diets, diabetes management, etc.

I’m not expecting anything to come of this but thought it might be fun!

TLDR: AMA second year medical student who just finished the only nutrition course we take in medical school

submitted by /u/thereddwoman
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aSiRHp

No comments:

Post a Comment