Sunday, August 2, 2020

Any Demand for a Simple Calorie Counter?

Hi All,

Like most of you, I've been on a weight loss journey for a number of years, and something I see over and over again is that people get fatigued calorie counting. Most calorie counters nowdays try to do too much -- food databases, meal plans, fitness routines, upselling the premium version etc. While I know tracking macros are important, I think 90% of people just want to count their calories and ignore everything else.

For me personally, I would jump at the idea of either an app that only shows a couple buttons (i.e., 50 cal, 100 cal, 250 cal), I hit them and it automatically logs the data to a database. OR, the bigger idea would be the development of a physical device where there are physical buttons representing customizable calorie amounts that the user could simple tap and it automatically logs it to a database. If all I had to do was reach in my pocket and tap a button to log my calories, I'd do it for every meal, but that's me speaking from personal experience. I'm curious what are everyone's thoughts in regards to the struggles of calorie counting, and do you believe reducing the friction between the user and the logging of calories is something that people would want? I appreciate all thoughts.

submitted by /u/InTheDarkDancing
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30mTie0

No comments:

Post a Comment