Sunday, August 2, 2020

Advice needed!

Looking for some advice on how to survive a weight loss journey with a husband and friends with vastly different goals and needs.

I am a fairly active person both physically and socially, meaning I am out on long day hikes , backpacking trips, and bike adventures, usually with my husband and his/my friends.

I am fortunate to have great friends to hang out with, have amazing dinners with, and share amazing adventures with. The downside to having such active friends is that they like to eat and drink, meaning it makes it pretty hard for me to stay on track when I am with them. During the work week when I am mostly working out and eating on my own, I have a fairly easy time staying on track. However, when I'm with my husband and/or his or my friends, there tends to be lots of tasty drinks and meals being served.

All this to say, what is your way to socially participate in these situations without being "that person" who refuses to eat or drink anything they haven't prepared themselves? What I'd love to know specifically is what phrases you use to maybe refrain from accepting every drink/snack offered to you, how you navigate staying on track and resisting temptations in social situations, etc. I am aware the easy answer might be just don't eat or drink what you are offered, but am looking for some more gracious ways to communicate that or prep myself to not give into temptation.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

submitted by /u/makeadisaster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/317pxgi

No comments:

Post a Comment