Sunday, August 2, 2020

I want a completely neutral relationship with food and to eat a boring diet.

I have a history of disordered eating (all varieties, restrictive and binging. Current is binging and I’m obese at the moment. I’m literally addicted to food.) I feel like I have control over my disordered thoughts. I’m not obsessing. The mental aspect of weight loss is going very well due to years of therapy, so that part is not the concern. My concern is....

A lot of people encourage others to eat a variety of foods and cook and yada yada yada. Honestly....I’d rather just stick to a diet that requires minimum effort. Like I’m happy doing a protein shake for breakfast, a lunch with like a cucumber, an apple (sometimes banana), a string cheese, and a simple sandwich, and then a lean cuisine dinner type of thing. Is it okay to do this? Do I need to LOVE cooking healthily and eat a more varied diet in order to have long term success? I feel like if I incorporate other things, I’ll slippery slope into eating like shit again. I feel in control and full eating a simple and low effort diet. If I were an alcoholic, I wouldn’t have just a glass, ya know? Part of my internal wish is just not think about food, obsessively or desirably. I don’t want to be hyper-aware when a cake is brought into the break room. I don’t want to think about what my next meal will be. I don’t want to associate food with celebration.I just don’t want food to control my life or to think about it much at all. I just want to eat to nourish and thats it. And for me, a diet that takes hardly any effort and is the same most days feels best to achieve that.

Is this maintainable long term?

submitted by /u/gothmombietings
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30oMQTP

No comments:

Post a Comment